Tuesday, April 9, 2013

update: creating content the hard way..

while I am sure that it would be infinitely more simple to only worry about the execution of this series, the problem that has become most overwhelming is the changing dynamic of my mental state and how it lends itself in so specific a way to the project.

while I view this series as an study in empathy, the tumultuous nature of my current situation is overwhelming, to say the least. from a first person perspective, I am able to actually feel the knots in my stomach and to visualize their tangles, creating limitless possibilities for new work, new colors, new shapes. however, from a third person perspective, the project has crept uncomfortably close to home. while I creep closer to my understanding of certain individuals, others pull away from me, sinking deeper into their self indulgant ways. visually, I translate this into the shape of stones, reflecting the colors around them but revealing no content, unaffected by their environment, unmoved. physically I am brought closer to the growing mass of anxiety inside of myself.

it is all so uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment